Mr. and Mrs. Whipple

Mr. and Mrs. Whipple

Friday, October 9, 2015

"Let's start at the very beginning..." Early Labor

I want to write down Amina's birth story. I'm not really one to read birth stories, I just wanted to write it down for myself mostly so that I can remember all of the craziness that happened. Instead of writing one huge post like I usually do, I decided to break it up into sections.

Early Labor:

It all started on Sunday, August 9. I started having regular contractions that were about 10 minutes apart at about 10:00 pm. They lasted the entire night but didn't seem to get any closer together. So we didn't really worry about going to the hospital. The next morning (Monday, August 10) Justin and I decided that we were going to go to the store to get some food to make ourselves a yummy lunch. So we went to the store and did a few other errands. After we finished our errands we went home and put our groceries away and sat down to watch a little tv. I was feeling a little hungry so I got up to get myself a snack and sat back down. A few minutes later I stood back up to throw my trash away and I got about half way to the garbage can and suddenly I felt wet. Something was running down my leg. My water broke!! (10:15 am) I looked at Justin but couldn't get any words out. All I could say was, "Uh. Oh man. Oh man. Justin! Oh man." Since my husband knows me so well he was able to figure out that something was wrong and he asked me if my water had broken. I told him it had and that we needed to get to the hospital. So he called the hospital and let them know that we were on our way. On our way to the car I couldn't tell if my water was still leaking or if I was peeing my pants. So I had Justin run back in the house to get me a towel to sit on and another pair of pants. Not that changing my pants would make my water stop leaking. haha My brain wasn't exactly working at that point. So we headed to the hospital! On our way we called our parents to let them know what was going on. They, of course, were so excited. My parents were on their way back from Salt Lake City and had decided that they were going to drive straight to California from Utah with a little pit stop at home to grab their clothes and things. Justin's mom started planning when she was going to come and visit. It was all starting to feel very real now. This baby is coming and we are officially going to be parents!



Justin bought me some Jimmy Fallon ice cream while we were running errands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment